World Naked Bike Ride Generalized but Specific How To Guide and Plan
Andrew Bedno - World Naked Bike Ride Chicago - 2009.01.20
The following is a generalized version of Chicago's annual production checklist for our running of the World Naked Bike Ride.
Since it has gotten rather long, I'll reiterate the absolute keys for first-timers:
- It helps if there's already a local Critical Mass ride (or burner or rat patrol communities).
- Commit. Being responsible may mean having less fun.
- Create Google group and get on main sites.
- Build a team, meet, and keep notes. You can't do it alone.
- Create good art, print and distribute flyers and posters.
- Publicize. Publicize. Publicize.
- Plan locations. Plan the route. Deal with the law.
- Make it happen.
Comm Tech Notes